Monday, May 4, 2015

The Lost Symbol

I have started reading The Lost Symbol by Dan BrownIt is the sequel to the Da Vinci Code.  I read the Da Vinci Code about a year ago and really loved it.  It has a great plot that really kept me intrigued in the book.  I recommend that book to anyone who is looking for a good read.  I did not know that it had a sequel until about a week ago when I looked in Mrs. Leitsch's library and found it.  As soon as I was that it was the sequel to the Da Vinci Code, I started reading it.  So far I have read about 70 pages and I really enjoy it.  It has the same mystery aspect to it as the Da Vinci Code and also is high-pace.  Robert Langdon, the main character, is called by Peter Solomon, one of his dearest friends and head of the Smithsonian, to ask him whether or not he wants to be a guest speaker.  Langdon replies yes to one of his "assistants".  Langdon then gets on a plane and flies to D.C.  He heads to the Smithsonian and goes to the room where the meeting is held.  To his surprise no one is there.  In anger, he calls "Peter's" number to ask where he was supposed to meet.  The man reveals he is not one of Peter's assistants and he sent him here to help him find something.  His name is Mal'akh.  He also finds out that he has kidnapped Peter and cut off his right hand.  Langdon goes and tries to find him so he can rescue him.  Peter also has a sister named Katherine who is in the field of Noetic Science which is supposed to revolutionize the world.  She has her own lab spefically made for Noetic Science in the Smithsonian.  There are also some flashbacks to when Peter first showed her the lab and some memories she had of them together in there since she is waiting for him for a meeting.  Little does she know that he had been captured and had his right hand severed.  I will keep you guys updated as I keep reading.              
   The Lost Symbol

No comments:

Post a Comment